A glass of MILO® is full of nutrients that are beneficial for your child’s daily energy needs and comprehensive development. It can be consumed at anytime of the day, including right after playing his/her favorite sport.
How does MILO® help provide energy for your child to take on their day?
The Macronutrients in MILO®
MILO® is made with malt extract from barley, milk, cocoa, and sugar. The combination of these core ingredients help provide nutritious energy and essential macronutrients for children.
- Carbohydrate: MILO® provides natural carbohydrates, coming from the sugars contained in malt extract, the naturally occurring sugar lactose in milk powder, the sugar and fiber in cocoa, and the added table sugar. Carbohydrates are important to the maintenance of normal brain function.
- Protein: MILO® contains milk protein and can be reconstituted with milk. Milk provides high quality proteins. These proteins contribute to the maintenance of normal bones and contributes to maintain muscle mass
- Fat: Fat content in MILO® comes from the vegetable oil ingredient, and very small proportions from the milk powder, malt extract and cocoa powder. Beyond providing energy, fat has several functions in the body such as: insulating the body, absorption of fat- soluble vitamins, synthesizing hormones, and synthesizing other substances that the body needs.
The Micronutrients in MILO®
In addition to malt barley, milk, and cocoa, MILO® also contains Activ-Go, an exclusive formula of Nestle MILO®. It is a unique combination of PROTOMALT® and a combination of 6 vitamins and 3 minerals (Vitamin Bs, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and iron) to help release energy effectively for the body and support development in children. These micronutrients provide many benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Release energy efficiently throughout your child’s active day
- Reduce fatigue so that your child can study effectively
- Support your child's immune system, keeping him/her in good health throughout the year
Create a Balanced Diet for Your Child
Pair MILO® with a balanced diet to obtain the nutrients for your child to start the day right and stay energetic through all their activities. With the natural goodness of malt barley, milk, cocoa, and the enriched vitamins and minerals, MILO® will support your child to thrive in the classroom and on the field.